Nobody wants to find out that they have a warrant out for their arrest. After finding out there is a warrant for your arrest, it may be tempting to try to run from the law or wait for the police to apprehend you, but doing so could lead to more severe consequences than if you were to turn yourself in.
When you partner with Aron Law Firm, a top-rated Santa Barbara criminal defense attorney can help you fight a California bench warrant. If there is a bench warrant for your arrest in Santa Barbara, Attorney William M. Aron can conduct a full investigation into your case and fight to put your bench warrant behind you so that you can move on with your life.
What You Need to Know About a Bench Warrant in Santa Barbara
The Santa Barbara bench warrant lawyers at Aron Law Firm represent clients with all types of outstanding warrants. However, there are just three different types of warrants that can be issued for your arrest in California. They are:
- Bench warrant: Bench warrants are legal documents issued by a judge that authorizes the arrest of an individual who failed to abide by the rules of the court or violated a court order. Usually, a bench warrant is issued as a way to bring the defendant back in front of the judge because they previously failed to appear in court. Bench warrants may be issued in Santa Barbara if the defendant is required to appear in court at a specific time and place by:
- A judge
- A magistrate
- Another person authorized to accept bail
- Another person authorized to issue citations
- Personal promise
- Peace officer
- Arrest warrant: This type of warrant is initiated by a police officer rather than a judge. Police officers can request an arrest warrant by filing a request to have someone arrested by providing evidence that they have committed a crime or by establishing probable cause.
- Search warrant: Under the Fourth Amendment, police do not have the legal right to rummage through your car or things without permission. For law enforcement to comb through a suspect’s home, workplace, car, or another location for evidence, they must first acquire permission via a warrant that permits conducting a search in the specified area.
Once a bench warrant is issued, it gets treated like any other arrest warrant in California–meaning you can be picked up and taken into custody at any point in time, no matter where you are. We thoroughly understand Santa Barbara criminal law at Aron Law Firm and have extensive experience helping others in situations just like yours.
If You Have a Bench Warrant in Santa Barbara, You Need An Experienced Bench Warrant Lawyer
Living life with a warrant hanging over your head is exhausting. Knowing that you could be arrested at any time for your bench warrant lives in the back of your mind 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Get it over with by partnering with an attorney you can trust to protect your rights. At Aron Law Firm, an experienced California criminal defense lawyer will represent your interests and fight to mitigate the penalties you are facing in Santa Barbara.
Declining to address a Santa Barbara bench warrant is a dangerous game to play. If you or someone you care about has an outstanding bench warrant in Santa Barbara, the bench warrant attorneys at Aron Law Firm can provide you with the strategic, intelligent defense that you need. Call (805) 500-7317 or fill out our contact form to discuss your legal options with a bench warrant lawyer who fully understands the California legal system.