An expert witness is defined as someone with specific qualifications and knowledge who presents facts and opinions regarding a precise matter within a court case. By adhering to the standards established by federal and state legislation, an expert witness in a sex crimes case may offer vital information and alter the outcome of a case. However, understanding how to utilize an expert witness to your advantage in a criminal case is challenging without a lawyer.
At Aron Law Firm, we have vast connections with California experts and will provide invaluable guidance during your sex crimes case.
How to Use an Expert Witness in a California Sex Crimes Case
Every case is unique and may require various types of expert witnesses depending on the type of crime and other factors. The State of California defines sex crimes in Penal Code § 261 PC as:
“…forcible sexual intercourse with an unwilling participant that occurs by way of force, threats or violence or in the absence of consent.”
Many sex offense cases involve medical professionals such as gynecologists, clinical social workers, psychologists, or Sexual Assault Forensic Examiners (SAFE). Other specific experts Aron Law Firm could utilize for your case include law enforcement officials, researchers, or even college professors with experience in the dynamics of sexual assault crimes.
Without a lawyer, you may not be aware of the full extent of the benefits an expert witness can provide. There are many ways these witnesses can offer assistance and crucial information within a sex crime case, including the following:
- Evaluating the case and developing a trial strategy
- Crafting voir dire questions
- Assisting with jury selection
- Conducting a clinical assessment of the victim
- Writing an expert report to outline issues and arguments
- Helping to prepare the defendant for trial
- Preparing for examination of the victim, defendant, and other expert witnesses
- Polling jurors after the case is decided
- Supporting the defendant throughout the court process
Generally, some of the best expert witnesses to employ are those who have testified on both sides of an issue in prior court cases. Through their multifaceted experience, they can offer vital advice and considerations for your case. Our Aron Law Firm team has a vast network of professionals ready to provide their advice and testimony on your behalf.
Why Partner With the Aron Law Firm?
Not every law firm and lawyer will have the experience and resources necessary to protect your rights and secure the best possible outcome of your case. Our Aron Law Firm team has developed solid defense strategies for numerous clients across California and understands what it takes to navigate the complexities of California’s criminal justice system.
Our main goal is to increase your chances of getting your charges reduced or dropped. Below are a few of the many ways our law firm will support you through the complex process:
- Answering all of your case-related questions
- Conducting a thorough investigation of your situation
- Gathering evidence on your behalf
- Negotiating offers and deals
- Interviewing and preparing witnesses
- Formulating a plea
- Analyzing the prosecutor’s case
- Casting doubt on the accusation against you
- Utilizing resources to build a stronger case
Representing yourself is stressful, time-consuming, and extremely risky, placing your rights and future in danger. Do not wait until it is too late, and speak to an attorney about your case today.
Contact the Aron Law Firm for Experienced Legal Representation
The Aron Law Firm has secured numerous favorable outcomes for our clients, including dropped charges for highly stressful and dangerous conditions. We offer each client tailored legal advice specific to their situation and needs.